- This event has passed.
Swim Australia Teacher/ or Baby and Toddler Swim Teacher
April 6, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pmAUD299
Become a Swim Australia Teacher/ or Baby and Toddler Swim Teacher
What a joyful and rewarding job it is, become a Swim Australia Teacher.
Learn how to teach swimming lessons. Prevent drowning by teaching children to swim and survive. Swim Australia Teachers are internationally recognised.
Choose to enrol in any of the three entry-level courses to get started on an exciting new career. Or, if you already have the skills and knowledge, apply for recognition of current competency (RCC).
A Swim Australia™ Teacher (SAT) has the competence and knowledge to teach swimming and water safety to independent learners in groups of varying sizes. Successful Students of this course will gain a Statement of Attainment with the competencies required to deliver GST free, water-related, personal safety and survival lessons.”
- Where: Airlie Beach Swim Centre, 2583 Shute Harbour Road, JUBILEE POCKET
- When: check for dates
- Early bookings are with at least 1-month advance notice call us for a price
- Cost for Swim Austraia Teacher $325
- Cost for Swim Teacher Babies & Toddlers $299
Contact us for further information.
- Saturday, 6th April 2019- Swim Australia Teacher (B&T) for babies & toddlers 11:15 am – 5.00 pm register here
- Sunday, 7th of April 2019 – Swim Australia Teacher (SAT) course from 8.00 am – 4.30 pm register here
- Saturday, 29th June 2019- Swim Australia Teacher (B&T) for babies & toddlers 11:15 am – 5.00 pm register here
- Sunday, 30 June 2019 – Swim Australia Teacher (SAT) course from 8.00 am – 4.30 pm register here
Please note: course enrolments close one week prior to the Practical Induction course commencement date to allow for pre-course self-paced learning and observation of swimming and water safety lessons.
The cost covers:
- Course Theory online learning
- Course attendance
- ASCTA complimentary Basic membership
- Refreshment breaks
- Accreditation valid for 3 years
- Pool entry
- Living with Water DVD
- Statement/s of Attainment
- Insurance cover from enrolment up to one month after course requirements are completed*
Swim AustraliaTM Teacher Course – Statement of Attainment
Students who successfully complete the relevant requirements are issued with a Statement of Attainment with one or more of the following competencies from the Community Recreation Industry Training Package:
- SISCAQU202A – Perform basic water rescues
- SISCAQU308A – Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills
- SISCAQU309A – Instruct clients in water safety and survival skills
- SISCAQU310A – Instruct swimming strokes
- SISCCRO302A – Apply legal and ethical instructional skills
Go to www.training.gov.au for more information on the competencies listed.
Students should go to www.ascta.com to read the ASCTA Course Student Handbook before undertaking the course.
*Course Student Insurance is provided whilst undertaking course components. The insurance provided as part of your course enrolment will cease once any of the following occur:
- it is 12 months after your practical induction and you have not been assessed as competent
- you receive payment (other than as a Course Trainee)
- 28 days after the date of a satisfactory competency assessment
You will then have the option of industry insurance through our asctaINSURANCE brokers – Marsh. Swim Australia™ Teacher