Whitsunday PADI Rescue Diver Course
Its time! There is nothing more rewarding than to have the skills set to save your Dive buddy!
The Whitsunday PADI Rescue Diver Course offers the opportunity to learn essential skills for responding to scuba diving emergencies and managing dive sites. Here are the key details:
Dates: Available on request
Course dates: 4-7th of September 2023 Click here for bookings
- Minimum age: 12
- First Aid Certification (bookings available)
- Oxy resuscitation Certificate (bookings available)
- Minimum certification of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Equivalent
- PADI eLearning: 8-12 hours, $260 (incl. GST)
- PADI Rescue Diver Course: 3 days, including a boat trip, $800
Schedule for the 3 days: Day 1:
- Morning: Classroom theory sessions covering self-rescue and diver stress, diving first aid and equipment, emergency management, and diving equipment.
- Afternoon: Practical pool session (3 hours) focusing on rescue skills development and techniques, including gear adjustments and underwater gear handling.
Day 2: Pool Scenarios
- Practice scenarios involving tired divers, panicked divers, unconscious divers underwater, distressed divers underwater, and surfacing unresponsive divers.
- Continuation of skill improvement and scenario-based training, including resuscitation techniques with CPR manikins, oxygen administration, and defibrillator use.
Day 3: Boat Trip
- Scenarios conducted during a boat trip, including throw rescues, tow rescues, panicked diver at the surface, tired divers underwater, panicked divers underwater, unconscious divers underwater, distressed divers underwater, and missing diver search and rescue.
- Further practice of rescue skills, including scenario-based resuscitation using CPR manikins, oxygen administration, and defibrillator use.
- Summarizing and improving rescue techniques, learning exit points, and making adjustments for smoother rescues.
By completing the Whitsunday PADI Rescue Diver Course, you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to respond to diving emergencies and effectively manage dive sites. Please note that this course can be physically demanding, and a good level of fitness is recommended.