Whitsunday PADI Rescue Diver Course
Its time! There is nothing more rewarding than to have the skills set to save your Dive buddy!
Dates: 12th, 13th & 14th of May 2022
PADI Rescue Diver, you have the skills to safely respond to Scuba Diving emergencies. More importantly, you’ll learn to manage dive sites to prevent problems from occurring.
Are you ready to do the Whitsunday PADI Rescue Diver Course?
Minimum age: 12
- First Aid Certification
- Oxy resuscitation Certificate
- Minimum certification of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Equivalent is required to commence this course.
- The Rescue course can be Physically demanding, so a good level of fitness is recommended!
What is involved:
PADI eLearning: 8-12 hours $247.50 incl.GST
PADI Rescue Diver Course: 3 days included boat Trip: $700
What is in your 3 days schedules
Classroom theory sessions
Start 7.45 am
The morning is spent covering four key theory sections: self-rescue and diver stress, diving first aid and equipment, emergency management, diving equipment
Practical pool session 3hrs Pool
The afternoon is spent in the pool introducing students to the skills they will need to progress through the course. The emphasis of this session is to allow students to develop their rescue skills and techniques in a controlled environment prior to applying the new skills in an ocean environment. Underwater Training off Gear adjustments, taking gear on and off underwater.
Day 2: Pool Scenarios
- tired diver, panicked diver, the response, unconcious diver underwater,
- distressed diver underwater, surfacing the unresponsive diver
- improvement of skills
- scenario resuscitation CPRmanikin-oxygen and defibrillator
Day 3: Boat Trip
- Throw rescues, Tow rescues, panicked diver surface,
- underwater: tired diver, panicked diver, the response, unconcious diver underwater,
- distressed diver underwater, surfacing the unresponsive diver,
- missing diver search and rescue
- scenario resuscitation -CPR manikin, oxygen defibrillator
- summarising and improving rescues- learning exit point, easier adjustments